Find us on Google+ Gastroparesis: From August Until Now


“You agree that you will not modify, copy, reproduce, sell, or distribute any content in any manner or medium without permission."

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

From August Until Now

As of right now, my medication list is extremely long.

I'm taking:

Linzess 290mg - once daily
Phenergan 25mg - three times daily
Zofran 8mg - three times daily
Vicodin 10/325 - four times daily (for my lower back - I keep straining it vomiting and may have shifted the spinal cord stimulator out of place)
Xanax 0.5mg - four times daily
Celexa 20mg - once daily
Implanon - birth control I need to call and get replaced
Restoril 15mg - twice at bedtime for sleep
Trazadpne 50mg - three times daily
Protonix 40mg - twice daily
B-12 Injections

I feel like this when it's time to take my medications:

I saw my doctor in Augusta about what to do since none of the doctors here are listening to me. He was going to recommend a great GI doctor to me but I guess he got side tracked. I'll have to call him and find out the person. None of the ones up here seem to care and they've managed to convince my husband that this is all in my head due to anxiety. My Augusta doctor wanted me to go to the ER but I refused. Instead, he gave me medications and my sister took me to her house and made my comfortable.

I've been managing to eat small amounts here and there. Yogurt and maybe a bite or two of bagel. Nothing substantial.

I started my period on the 23rd - and it made my GP TEN TIMES WORSE! I'm not the only one who suffers this way. I wonder what the connection is between GP and hormones? I want to bookmark this to come back to it and research it later.

The doctor at Emory yesterday wants me to get an ultrasound for my liver. She's worried about my high liver enzymes. She switched around my medication and wants to see if that helps. I wanted to scream at her that my medicine has been switched around before with no relief! Ugh! But I understand conservative measures first. It just SUCKS. I have to follow up with her in six weeks.

I woke up yesterday and vomited directly into a trashcan. I wonder why I couldn't do that in front of the doctor? *sigh*

Oh well.

But, I have a new phone now so I'm easier to get in touch with. My old phone stopped charging.

Hang in there and keep fighting. I'm working on an article coming up about stress relief and how to manage stress. I just wanted to check in.

The top picture is before I ate, the bottom picture is after I ate.

No comments: